Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanks-giving!

I had my thanksgiving moment yesterday at work, when i answered a call, Lois from Colorado.Lois is 85 but sounded much younger, she had a sense of humor. She said how much she loved getting the calendar because it was their social schedule planner..then she proceeded to tell me that their social life were all the doctor appts. they had. . she chuckled at that. She was renewing her gift subscriptions for her husband and some of her children. We chatted about the magazine and her family for a bit, she was getting both Oregon Coast and Northwest Travel for her husband, because he loves them. I could hear him in the background asking her to ask me if we had a dirt bike one for their grandson. She giggled and asked me and told me that this grandson was into dirt bikes now, and that they had been giving him a subscription to Ranger Rick for years, and that it might be time to upgrade. I told her I had some Off Road issues at my house that he might enjoy and she thought that might be a good one. She ordered mags for a couple of children, and said that the one who lived in Oregon didn't need one, that she saw it already. She talked about her growing up in Hawaii and that she had family there, and how they all came to Colorado to vacation and to snowboard. She talked about how they were entrusted with her grandchildren every summer to have them with her to "raise" and take on adventures and how it has blessed her life. I told her that she was a blessing to her family, what a wonderful way for children to spend summers, and that she was amazing..She told me that she had raised her children to respect life,and honor each other and God, and that she was hoping that her legacy would be something that they would value. She made us both cry. .we finished up the order and I told her to feel free to call and chat anytime and she thanked me and said love you and goodbye. I smiled all morning as I thought about Lois, and that Heavenly Father's children are good people,and when they realize it, and live like they believe, they are amazing! Have a grand turkey day and remember to be truly thankful for all that you have. .I know that I am.

No comments: