Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just A Thought. . Or two

I will miss going to Utah on a regular bases, now that Madi and Joe have moved to Texas. I will miss the city mingled with country. . shopping malls and horses next to each other. . chapels and temples everywhere you look. Fooderies of all kinds. . choices, choices, oh my!! I will miss seeing church books in WalMart!!! I will miss the mountains and the snow and the heat( well not that so much!) and all the folks that live there.

I read this in Meridian Mag and it totally made me smile!! See. . I'm not the only one who loves it!!

"It’s always a treat to come home to Utah after living in the Washington DC area for the last ten years.

You know you’re in Utah when the supermarket has a whiteboard at the front of the store to greet customers with a quote from President Hinckley, this one about the 24th of July celebrations. “There is not another episode in the history of this great land to compare with the movement of the Mormon pioneers from Nauvoo to the valley of the Great Salt Lake.”

That’s the greeting—now go shop. We don’t see quotes from President Hinckley too often in grocery stores in Virginia.

When I asked to copy it down, the checker gave me a piece of paper that was lying around with the map of the Edgemont Stake boundaries on the back."

I may have to make a special non family trip just once more. .


No comments: