Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Bethany

Holy cow, Bethany turns 35 today. . seems so bizarre, the way time moves. I can still remember so vividly sitting in my living room on the floor building a paper nativity scene, and thinking, Oh crap, I just wet myself!! First babies are always so much more of an adventure, cuz everything is a new!!! I ran to the bathroom and called for Steven to come and help(not sure what he was going to do, ha!) and told him my water had broke. He wonders into the bathroom with a MOP!! We laughed about that for a bit!! HA! We called the doctor and we went in and then we went home and waited for more progress...I was SO SURE that I would sleep thru the whole thing, that I couldn't rest. So we went back to the hospital and they let us stay. ALL night. . and she never arrived till afternoon the next day.GM Ida was there and Aunt Sue was there, Sue and my Steve went to get food and about missed the whole thing! HA. . But she eventually got there, I can honestly say I dont remember much about the delivery, but I think it was back labor and not pleasant.. .but when we finally had our baby girl..YEAH. . I really wanted a girl. .(no ultra sounds in those days) and it was all worth it. Bethany Lyn Winona, named after my friend Brenda's college in California, Bethany Bible college!! Who knew that the name Bethany would hold so much meaning in our lives to come. What a blessing Bethany has been in our lives, and we love her like a daughter. . heheh had to put that in there. . .sorry. . hehehe. . . Happy Birthday Bethany. . !!! stats 3:03pm, 7lbs, 81/2 oz. 201/2 inches delivered by Dr Ulman in Florence Oregon Dec. 12,1975

No comments: