Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Madi Turns 25. . In October. .

I was reading Bethany's BD post, and looked back to see what I had written about Madi on her birthday, and "oh No" no post. . nothing. I can't believe I didnt even put a pic up there. I'm so sorry Madison. So you get yours now. . I can't quite get around the fact that our baby is 25! OMGosh. .That means that I'm getting old. We had been members of the church for just a few months, when we found out that we were pregnant. . and what a grand surprise!! Would we get another girl, or another boy? I knew what this baby would look like, cuz Beth and Terry were pretty much carbon copies as infants. So as we prepared for her day. . my new friend Kathy Hankins helped me get ready. The day of the delivery. . Oct 7, 1985. .we were in the hospital and I had forgotten how much it HURT to have a baby!! Ha! So they said to move about and it would progress faster, but moving about was more painful. . so I just took it easier and stayed put! Ha!! The same Dr. that delivered Bethany was there to deliver Madi. . he almost missed the whole thing. . cuz once she was ready, she was READY. . and the nurses did most of the work. More back labor. . Steven was there again. . side note( in 1985 AIDS was the hot new topic that people didnt want to know about. . but Kathy and I made a deal that if I needed blood, she would give me hers, so that I would know it was safe...true friend, huh) As Madi was being born, Steven says that she has blond hair. . WHAT???? Where did that come from. . and later we see blue/green eyes. . WHAT?? Oh my. . how was that? We were so excited to see a different version of our selves, it was really awesome! ( Steven and I were both blonds as toddlers, and Steve has blue eyes) Madison Leigh Winona. . Madison after the mermaid in Splash. so I could have a Madi, Leigh after Steven's middle name Lee. . GM Ida wasnt thrilled with our name choice. . when she heard it, she wanted to know if Madison was her first name, was Square Garden her middle name??? Silly lady. . NO!!! What a joy and an adventure Madi has been in our family. .we have been best friends for a long time, and I find it hard to fathom that she is a mom of two little girls of her own. Happy Birthday Missy!!

No comments: