Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Parade in Reedsport


Steven and I drove to Reedsport to see their Memorial Day parade. .
Florence does have one, and I wanted to see the military on parade. .
and I wasn't disappointed!
The Coast Guard was up first, they had their helicopter flying low over the crowds,
loved the noise. . and the guy with his legs hanging out the door!





Red, white and blue was in abundance. .


Coast guard..



I think this is the Marine band. . they were in town for a couple of free concerts. .
and this parade.


The Navy was kinda my favorite today, just because they had the
coolest uniforms. . hehe, and my dad was a sailor!!



I think this was the Army. . they had a couple of soldiers in
camo too.



Marines and Army





This old guy reminded me of General Patton!


We went in part to the parade to support Emalee, she was pleased to see us there!




Florence sent a truck to the parade.



And this was my favorite shot of the day. . it was SOOO reminiscent
of the Pearl Harbor times, seeing sailors walking down the street.
in San Diego or Los Angeles. . it was totally cool! i think
I've watched way too many movies with sailors in them. . love it!

No comments: